Graduates come back to play charity concert

By Catherine Miller, Lifestyles Editor

A homecoming concert for 4th Point on May 12 will support WeGo Global and the Chicago Eagles Soccer program.

The Christian rock band is made up of West Chicago graduates Matt Ellis, Andrew Denning, Bryce Knight, and Bradley Kus. Compass is organizing the concert.

“We’re bringing them back to do a benefit concert to raise money for WeGo Global because they are raising money for refugees and also for the Chicago Eagles Soccer program,” Compass adviser Anne Marie Salazar said.

The group performed last year at the school. Band members are all looking forward to coming back again.

We feel very excited about coming back to the high school,” Ellis said. “This event has become one of our favorites and we were blown away by the response last year and cannot wait to see what is in store for this year.”

Even though Compass is running the event, they are focussing on supporting other clubs and organizations.

“We have a lot of students in Compass who are also part of WeGo Global, so that was their suggestion to donate half to WeGo Global for refugees,” Salazar said. “We also have several members of Compass who play for Chicago Eagles Soccer.”

WeGo Global adviser Margaret Haas is appreciative of Compass’ support.

“(Compass is) having the concert and they’re donating half of the money to our club, which is fantastic because that will help us bridge the gap,” Haas said. “We’re hoping to get 93 backpacks to refugee kids.”

During his senior year at West Chicago, Ellis was involved in Compass. He is pleased that the concert will be supporting other causes.

The whole mission of this concert, besides the crazy light shows and the loud sound, is for us to come together for a great cause,” Ellis said.

The concert will begin at 6:30 p.m., but the doors will open at 6 p.m. The cost is $3.