Music program travels to Disney World

Choir+and+Orchestra+left+for+Disney+World+on+Tuesday+after+school.+The+trip+is+supposed+to+teach+students+about+life+as+a+musician.+

Photo by Armando Lopez

Choir and Orchestra left for Disney World on Tuesday after school. The trip is supposed to teach students about life as a musician.

By Mayeli Vivaldo, Editor in Chief

Hoping to learn what it’s like be a professional musician, choir and orchestra students will be going to Disney World Tuesday until Monday.

The trip to Disney World is a chance for the students to get an understanding of what it would feel like to be a professional musician.

“It’s an educational experience where the ensemble goes out and they get an opportunity to perform like a real, touring group,” orchestra director Alexandra Wojciechowski said.

Disney provides essential learning factors the students need in order to comprehend the purpose of the trip.

“Disney is a great place because they really try to give you the best and most realistic experience. They treat us like they would treat any other professional orchestra. They have a great workshop and their professionals, staff, clinicians are awesome,” Wojciechowski said.

In order for the students to learn this, they will be performing in front of an audience at the Waterside Stage in Disney Springs.

This trip provides a chance to perform in front a large group of strangers, which is a large part of being a musician.The trip also gives anyone participating a taste of what it is like to need to prepare multiple pieces of music in a short time frame,” junior Lauren Bey said.  Bey has participated in the Disney trip twice.

Although choir and orchestra will only perform once, it is a demanding task.

“This challanges you to sing in front of many people and makes you escape your comfort zone,” freshman Nickolas Giambalvo.

Although the students will be performing for most of their trip, they will be able to enjoy the amusement park when they have time.

Between the performances is free time to roam the parks. Some days we need to be in a specific park because of the performances and workshops but other than that we can go to whichever park or ride we please,” Bey said.