$600
$750

Sketch: the rising star streamer

Sketch has taken over TikTok and Twitch with live streams.
Sketchs+live+streams+cover+many+topics%2C+but+he+mostly+focuses+on+sports+content.+
Photo by Carlos Allen
Sketch’s live streams cover many topics, but he mostly focuses on sports content.

In the summer of 2023, streamer, ‘Sketch’ started live streaming on TikTok. A little while later he then started streaming on Twitch. Although at first Sketch wasn’t well liked and received a lot of hate. He would get told he had bad eyesight and had a hard time reading his chat, but he is now one of the most popular streamers with just over 670,000 followers on Twitch. He also has around 1.6 million followers on TikTok. Sketch is well known due to his catchphrases and humor, with his best known being, “What’s up, brother?” This catchphrase gained a lot of traction, and became a TikTok trend where women walk up to their boyfriends and say it to them. After the women say this, they wait to see their boyfriends reaction, which is typically another Sketch catchphrase.

This poll has ended.

Have you seen videos or live streams of Sketch?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Despite speculation from viewers, Sketch admitted he does not have any condition, but does have a tic with his fingers whenever he gets excited. Along with that he also said he is a very anxious person.

The streamer is a big fan of the Houston Texans which got the attention of athletes. NFL players have created videos mimicking some of Sketch’s most famous catchphrases, along with the NFL TikTok page posting a clip from Sketch saying one of his most famous catchphrases “Special teams, special plays, special players.” In the fast few weeks Sketch has also met up with anyone from streamers to NFL players. He first collaborated with one of the biggest streamers right now, Jynxzi. They met up and filmed multiple videos together which included them playing video games together and cooking. Most recently, Sketch met up with 4 Texans players and played some football with them. These players include C.J. Stroud, John Metchie, Tank Dell, and newly acquired Stefon Diggs.

Sketch’s popularity has put him in many good places, and meeting some of his favorite people. Not only do people love Sketch but he’s well liked around the streaming community. He’s even gotten players from different sports doing some of his hand gestures as celebrations. Overall, Sketch is liked for his personality, and funny catchphrases. Mostly all of his supporters can agree that the internet made the right person famous.

View Comments (1)
$600
$750

About the Contributors
Drew Zeman
Drew Zeman, Senior Reporter
Drew Zeman is a senior, and this is his first year as a reporter for the Wildcat Chronicle. He has been involved baseball since he was six-years-old, and still plays for the high school. In his free time, he likes to hangout with friends and play video games. His plan after high school is to study finance at Illinois State University, then become a financial adviser. 
Carlos Allen
Carlos Allen, Senior Reporter
Carlos is a senior and it is his third year in journalism. In his free time, he likes to listen to music his favorite artists are Lil Baby and Rylo Rodriguez. Carlos is also the biggest Packers fan you'll ever meet so ladies in the future, you can't break something that has already been broken. He likes to hang out with his friends and play baseball, and golf. He plays baseball (pitcher/outfield) and golf for the school.  But to be honest, the only way Carlos gets through school is by seeing his friends every passing period. When he is older he wants to be a high school P.E. teacher and a sports coach.  He has an energetic personality and is here for a good time, not a long time.
$600
$750

• Mr. AielloApr 30, 2024 at 10:44 am

Wow. Never heard of this Sketch guy before, but he seems pretty cool.