$575
$750

The first leg of the North American Eras tour hits different

“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” hit theaters this month, and includes a powerful setlist that represents Swift’s growth as an artist and individual.
The official artwork for Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour, which is headed to South America next. (Photo courtesy of Taylor Swift’s official website)

Taylor Swift, once again, outdoes herself with the production of the Eras Tour concert film released on October 13, starring Taylor Swift, and directed by Sam Wrench. 

With Swift selling out stadiums all over the country after 146 shows, the closing night in LA was documented and produced. Theaters in LA premiered the movie on October 12 to select individuals via invite. Swift surprised the invited fans by taking pictures and watching the film with them as well.

Taylor Swift

The tour itself opens with her “Lover” era and bleeds into the rest. She opens the tour up with”Lover” because it was her first album with her new producer and best friend, Jack Antonoff. Antonoff went on to help Swift produce other albums such as “folklore,” “evermore,” and recently, “Midnights.” 

After “Lover,” she performs three songs from her second album, “Fearless.” Swift starts with her title track “Fearless” with her twirls and her signature hand heart. She follows the opening song by “going back to high school” and enacts “You Belong With Me” and “Love Story.”

Her second COVID album, “evermore” is next on the setlist. Setting the scene with track one “willow” which bleeds into her thirteenth track “marjorie.” “marjorie” is a song written about her grandmother, who she had a deep connection with growing up.  In the song, listeners can hear faint echoes of her opera singing from recordings Swift and her mother had. The songs, “champagne problems” and “tolerate it” close out the “evermore” era.

Entering her “repuation” era, a snake crowds the screen, and then she asks the question: “Are you ‘Ready For It?'” (also track one on the album). The tune of “Delicate” begins to flow into the audience’s ears. Following the performance of “Delicate,” one of her more popular songs “Don’t Blame Me,” starts to play. After the bridge of the song, Swift blends the song “Look What You Made Me Do” into her execution of the album.

In the film, Swift performs “Enchanted” from her recent rerecord of her third album, “Speak Now.” After the rerecording of the album came out on July 7, all shows following that date had her song “Long Live” added to the setlist.

As fans enter Swift’s “Red” era with her, they hear her hit song “22.” During this song, Swift goes down to the end of the stage to give a chosen fan her “Red” hat that she wears. Also during this era, they get to hear some other hits, like “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.” After those three songs are performed, she begins putting on her version of “All Too Well,” but makes it ten minutes.

Her first COVID album is then performed. The audience enters her “folklore” era, opening with “the one.” This song opens up the album itself as well. This performance is followed by “betty,” “the last great american dynasty,” “august,” “illicit affairs,” and it closes out with “my tears ricochet.”

Songs from “1989,” are then danced to and adored. Songs like “Style,” “Blank Space,” “Shake It Off,” and “Bad Blood” are on the setlist prior to the “surprise songs” that Swift performs at every show.

The acoustic set consists of one song played on her guitar and one song on her piano. At the show filmed, her single “Our Song” was played on the guitar from her debut album. On the piano, she plays “You’re on Your Own, Kid,” her track five song from “Midnights.”

As the clock ticks down as fans reach the end of the concert, they meet her at midnight as Swift performs her final album. This era consists of “Lavender Haze,” her single “Anti-Hero,” Midnight Rain,” “Vigilante Shit,” “Bejeweled,” “Mastermind,” and closes the night out with “Karma.” This era, by far, had the most tracks due to the popularity and relativity of the album.