Turnabout switches proposal roles

By Ariana Alcantar, Editor in Chief

It’s that time of the year again where girls will have the opportunity to ask the boys to the Turnabout dance hosted by Student Council on Saturday.

After five years, Turnabout was brought back last year and is turning out to be popular.

“Usually we start very slow (selling tickets), but we are over the 100 ticket special which was outstanding,” president of Student Council senior Mike Sawicki said.

The 100 tickets special is when tickets are sold for $10. The 100 ticket special is only available the second week before Turnabout.

Turnabout changes the traditional proposal and it’s an opportunity to switch up gender roles.

“It’s fun because it takes the pressure off of us (guys),” Sawicki said. “I think is an opportunity to have women have more power, I think is good that we are taking steps in that direction.”

The theme this year is “The Great Gatsby Masquerade.”

Students who are attending should dress semi-formal.

“Last year what a lot of people did was (for) guys, dress pants, tie, dress pants (and for) ladies a dress, but is up to you. Homecoming attire is appropriate,” Sawicki said. “Corsages and boutonnieres are not necessary.”

Last year, a VIP area was offered to students for a larger price. This year, Student Council is still deciding if there will be a VIP area.

Tickets are on sale during lunch hours for $15 and $20 at the door.  The dance is from 7 to 10 p.m in commons.