$575
$750

Top 5 New Year’s resolutions

Every beginning of a year marks new aspirations, click here to see popular goals to work towards in 2024

Planet Earth makes its full rotation around the sun, marking an end to a full year along with a beginning to a new one. Within those 365 days many individuals have experienced the good and the bad, along with learning through both success and failure. Although perhaps New Year’s resolutions might be quick to be pushed aside or neglected, the concept of a fresh start and focusing on these top 5 goals can be extremely beneficial to starting this year off on a good note.

#5. Working out

Living a healthier lifestyle should always be a priority, oftentimes people categorize this as losing weight. However, being healthy doesn’t always mean losing weight, aspects such as diet and even mental well-being need to be considered when looking to be healthy. Although in theory being fit is an amazing goal which many people attain and work towards to either gain more confidence or live a healthier lifestyle. It’s seen too often that individuals give up or slack with their goal, fueling an unmotivated mentality which causes people to drop the goal quickly. Despite the fact that the world is more body positive, it doesn’t eliminate feelings of self consciousness regarding self image. Finding that confidence and strength is a great asset to go into the new year with, but it’s important to not get into a negative head space that will restrict progress.

#4. Getting organized

When provided with a clean slate for the year, it’s vital to be aware of unhealthy habits. When it comes to having either an unorganized room or schedule, these small factors actually play a massive role in daily life. Being organized requires a system that’s specific to each person, since every individual is unique and there isn’t necessarily a format to organizing that’s considered the “right way”. There are results that reflect the effort and ways of organization. Being organized requires a lot of consistency that can be faced with an unmotivated attitude, making it unrealistic to attain all year round. However, working towards being more organized is definitely a step in the right direction, and can provide benefits such as reducing stress. 

#3. Making more time for family and friends

Family and friends fuel interactions throughout the year, whether it’s through giving advice or laughing at a joke. Many people create core memories throughout their life with those they care deeply about. It’s important to go into a new year surrounded with the right energy, allowing for personalities to be genuine and positive for growth. More often than not, people get fixated on social media, work, and or personal struggles. Although completely valid aspects to focus on, it’s easy to get carried away and not focus too much on family and friends. Finding a balance between socializing and being considerate towards personal challenges is essential.

#2. Building a better budget

Money is a key element within society. Oftentimes people fall into the routine of shopping and going out to eat. Although retail therapy is real, so is the reality of spending more money. Evaluating income and spending are steps to building a better budget, which will help save money. This doesn’t mean that going on a shopping spree is off the table. However, this does mean individuals must be more aware when it comes to spending. Saving money opens future opportunities that may cost more to invest in. Budgeting isn’t exactly fixated, as it’s encouraged to change to fit a situation or period of time. Ultimately it helps with being organized, realistic, and attaining saving goals.

#1. Learning a new skill or hobby

Upon starting a new year, it is not uncommon to try a new activity out of curiosity. This can include, but isn’t limited to crochet, painting, or cooking. Exposure to learning a new skill requires concentration and patience, which ultimately help improve brain function. Although some skills may be more useful than others, it’s important to consider doing an activity that is beneficial for an individual’s mental health or interests. However, that doesn’t mean trying something completely different isn’t a good move, as this might awaken an unknown skill set.  Engaging in a new hobby not only provides connections to others, but also fights off boredom. Such a small, yet attentive goal helps with more factors than people may consider.