Christmas at Cantigny offers new light show

Visitors can take in the colorful displays through December 23.
Cantigny is aglow this holiday season with a special light show. (Photo by Brianna Romero)

Cantigny announced the reopening of McCormick House, which has been closed for renovations since 2020, this past November, and opened the mansion and grounds to visitors during the holiday season for a new light show, as well as added winter activities.

Arriving at the Cantigny park, visitors are asked to pay $15 per person to see the lights show and take in the festivities.

Once out in the grounds, they will see the giant Christmas tree planted in the middle of the courtyard; many little trees and bushes have been covered in holiday lights. Likewise, McCormick House is decked in color, as is the fountain in front of it. There are little huts in which people can sit or stand to watch a little light show in the sky from a few miles away.

Christmas music plays throughout the grounds, hoping to put visitors in a festive spirit.

Ice skating has been added this season, and skates can be rented for $3 a pair.

Since it is cold out, Cantigny has also positioned bonfires throughout the main areas to keep customers warm; next to the bonfires, there is a stand that offers hot cocoa as well. 

This article was updated on Feb. 24, 2024 to display the correct date range for Cantigny’s Winterfest.

View Comments (1)