Is Venom: Let There Be Carnage worth the hype?

October 13, 2021

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Wildcat Chronicle reporters Jose Sanchez and Philip Calabrese share their takes on the latest Marvel movie, in theaters now.

Venom: Let There be Carnage an incredible film

Venom: Let There be Carnage, the incredible PG-13 film with leading actor, Tom Hardy, was released in theatres on Friday, October 1. 

The action sci-fi movie was directed by Andy Serkis. The movie was released on October 1, 2021. This new film introduces Carnage, the offspring of Venom. Actor Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock/Venom, actor Woody Harrelson plays Cletus Kasady/Carnage, and actress Naomie Harris plays Shriek. 

There are plenty of action and thrilling moments in this movie that keep viewers on their toes for the next scene. It is the first time Marvel’s insane character, Carnage has been brought onto the big screen, and he did not disappoint. Venom: Let There be Carnage was a great film, highly recommended to audiences of ages thirteen and older. 

The movie does a good job in showing the difference between Venom and Carnage. In the movie, Carnage is shown as a cold blooded killer/predator whose main goals are to kill Venom and cause carnage. Venom however, is shown as a tamed beast, who wants to run wild and be free. So, the directors did an amazing job setting up the differences between the two symbiotes.

The film, while starts off slow, shows the bond and rough patches between Eddie Brock and Venom, was filled with plenty of intense action moments. The film took its time illustrating the way Eddie and Venom think differently, and how far they have come from the first movie. Also, every scene in which Carnage appeared, viewers knew there was going to be something intense that would happen because his personality was so unpredictable.

The actor for Cletus Kasady, Harrelson, did a fantastic job portraying the psychotic serial killer. The actress for Shriek, Harris, also impressed. Both did a great job showing the characters’ relationship, and demonstrating how – after Cletus attained the Carnage symbiote – their relationship changed.

The movie was well-written, featured great acting, and had an incredible amount of action. The film show the differences between Venom and Carnage wonderfully – so much so that viewers who were unaware of their characters understood them better. Venom: Let There be Carnage also included a large amount of action to keep viewers hyped during the film. Also, all of the actors did a fantastic job in showing how their characters both differ and connect. 

Make sure to stick around for the end credit, it will not disappoint!