Local artists to present ‘Family Renwick Grand Finale’ art show at Gallery 200

LRC+clerk+Britta+Renwick+holds+her+son+Sean%E2%80%99s+artwork+that+is+part+of+the+%E2%80%98Family+Renwick+grand+finale%E2%80%99+exhibit+at+Gallery+200.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

LRC clerk Britta Renwick holds her son Sean’s artwork that is part of the ‘Family Renwick grand finale’ exhibit at Gallery 200.

Photo by Ariana Alcantar

Photo by Ariana Alcantar

Photo by Ariana Alcantar

By Leslie Najera-Rivas, Reporter

Even though LRC clerk Britta Renwick’s son Sean went off to college, they are reuniting at Gallery 200 to present their artwork “Family Renwick Grand Finale.”

Renwick does not know when she and her son will present together again.

“I have done a show about five times and the last couple of times I did it with my sons (Sean ’18 and Alec). So two years ago I did it with both of my sons and this year is going to be just with my son Sean because he is off to college,” Renwick said.

Renwick has been a Gallery 200 member for over eight years and participates in the art shows every two years.

“It takes a long time to plan an art show. I sign up usually for every two years because it takes me about two years to get (supplies) depending on what kind of art you do,” Renwick said.

Renwick started by doing photography then moved on to different styles such as paper mache.

“It’s a part of me that I have to express somehow. I don’t watch TV (so) I do art instead. I either paint or make jewelry and that’s how I brought up my sons too and that’s why they are both very creative,” Renwick said.

Inspiration was gained from her father who used to be an artist.

“I am so grateful that my dad was an artist, he doesn’t paint anymore. He’s 80 years old.,but I grew up with art and I am so thankful that I did because it taught me, (and) it is an important part of me,” Renwick said.

The exhibit will run through Nov. 25 at the gallery.

About the Writer
Leslie Najera-Rivas, Reporter

This is Leslie’s second year on the team. She is a sophomore and she enjoys being around friends and family. She hopes to major in performing arts or...