WeGo Drama’s ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’ extend the Halloween season

Sophomore Samuel Incrocci and freshman Philip Calabrese rehearse their scene in “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” at the auditorium.

By Isabela Casimiro, Perspectives Editor

WeGo Drama will extend the Halloween spirit with their performance of Robert Louis Stevenson’s novella “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

“(The play) is an adaptation of the classic horror story, ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,’ about a man who is a scientist doctor who decides to see if he can master good and evil,” director Mark Begovich said. “ It’s a very intense and suspenseful show.”

According to Begovich, there are multiple adaptations based on the novella.

“For those who don’t know ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’ is a classic story,” Begovich said. “It’s been adapted a variety of ways and we see it in a variety of comics, such as the Hulk is a ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’ character. So it’s a very interested and important concept.”

“Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” includes various sorts of script work and energetic scenes compared to previous plays.  

“There’s lots of script work plus we have energetic fight choreography and a whole bunch of really cool physical moments,” Begovich said.

The performance will include technical effects made by WeGo’s tech crew.

“Those students (tech crew) have been working just as if not harder than our cast,” Begovich said.

This year, Drama’s theme is finding your passion.

“This is the darker side of when we give in to our passions and obsessions,” Begovich said.

Tickets can be purchased during lunch hours or at the auditorium door at $5 per student and $8 per adult.

Performances start at 7 p.m.