“The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” will grant a child a wish through the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Christina Champagne and junior Ryan Castiglia will perform “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” in the auditorium seats on Saturday.

Photo by Isabela Casimiro

Photo by Isabela Casimiro

Photo by Isabela Casimiro

By Isabela Casimiro, Perspectives Editor

WeGo Drama will perform C.S Lewis’s “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation on Saturday.

“It’s an adaptation of the book, “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” which talks about four kids during World War II who go to the English countryside,” drama director Mark Begovich said. “(There)  they enter a wardrobe that takes them to a magical land and they are called upon to help set things right in supporting the good versus the bad.”

As part of their yearly benefit play, the funds raised will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

“The Make-A-Wish Foundation is an organization that is helping kids who have had with problems, issues, and illnesses to have a special moment in their life,” Begovich said. “To achieve a goal to do something, to remind them about being a kid, especially sick kids. So this is a way everybody can help out really sick kids and give them some happiness while they’re fighting.”

With the theme of  ‘finding your passion” this school year, “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” will connect the theme through the characters.

“It’s the idea of finding your passion and this is an organization that the officer team feels passionate about but the story itself is people finding their own way and finding what they need to be excited,” Begovich said. “We’re passionate in helping others and that’s what the play’s all about.”

Everyone is encouraged to come and see the play to support the Make-A-Wish foundation.

“(People should come out and see the play because) first and foremost it’s fun. The second reason is to really help somebody,” Begovich said. “If a child is getting their wish from the Make-A-Wish foundation they are obviously in need and this is a great opportunity to help them.”

Tickets can be purchased from crew members or at the door for $10.

The performance is at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

About the Photographer
Isabela Casimiro, Perspectives Editor

This is Isabela’s second year on the Wildcat Chronicle and she is the Perspectives Editor. She’s a sophomore and loves to talk about current politics....