Students and staff evacuated after a threat called into the school

By Ariana Alcantar, Editor in Chief

Students and staff evacuated the building after a bomb threat was called in shortly after 1 p.m., the West Chicago Police Department announced through Twitter Wednesday.

All students and staff members were evacuated to the school’s football field where further precaution instructions were made.

The West Chicago Police Department and the high school administration coordinated to get bus transportation for bus students as they were dismissed early.

Students were not allowed back into the building and were required to drop off their backpacks as they exited the school’s stadium if they rode the bus home. Parents picked up other students, and students who walked home were allowed to take their backpacks.

After about two and a half hours of officers searching the school for explosives, no threat was found and faculty members were allowed back into the building to retrieve their belongings.

All school activities were canceled for the day.

The West Chicago Police department will continue to provide further information through their Twitter account.

The Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T) provided students and faculty members with water bottles.

The West Chicago Police Department, Winfield Police Department, Warrenville Police Department, Wheaton Police Department, Emergency Services Disaster Agency (ESDA) of West Chicago, and the DuPage County Sheriff’s office responded to the school to assist.