Over 175 student-created pieces are on display for spring art show

Freshman+Cielo+Cabael-Castro+visits+the+open+reception+at+Gallery+200+to+present+her+artwork+on+display.+

Photo by Isabela Casimiro

Freshman Cielo Cabael-Castro visits the open reception at Gallery 200 to present her artwork on display.

By Leslie Najera-Rivas, Editor in Chief

From ceramics to digital photography, student art is on display at the annual spring art show.

“Our students work very hard all year long, and we want to make sure that their artwork gets some recognition,” art teacher Dave Exner said.

Art from students in Ceramics 1 and 2 and advanced, 3D Art 1 and 2, Digital Photography 1, Painting 1 and 2, Drawing 1, 2, and advanced, Graphic Art 1 and 2, and studio art is featured at the art show.

“Every year, we are amazed by the wonderful, creative, well-made artwork our students produce,” Exner said.

Art teachers Megan Dulkinys and Exner choose artwork for the art show that portrays different classes that they teach.  

Dulkinys and I try to show a variety of artwork that represents all of the different art classes we teach,” Exner said.

Freshmen Cielo Cabael-Castro and Claudia Mora, sophomores Melissa Gonzalez-Ramirez, Jessica Bangert, and Maddie Romolt, junior Fernanda Hernandez, and seniors Yori Alarcon and Vanessa Cortez have their artwork displayed at the art show.

A total of 175 pieces are displayed.

“I was really happy (when I heard that my art was going to be in the art show),” ceramics student Hernandez said.

The art show will be opened until April 30 at Gallery 200, 103 W. Washington St., West Chicago.

“I would encourage everyone to take a few minutes out of their busy schedule to stop by and see our artwork and all of the other artwork on display,” Exner said.