Senior athletes sign intent for a future in sports

Photo by Kyle Paup
Senior girls volleyball player Ronni Katarzynski signs her intent to play at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She will play as a libero for the team.

By Kyle Paup, Editor In Chief

Two senior athletes signed themselves up for a future in their respective sports as their parents and coaches stood behind them in support.

Ronni Katarzynski will be attending the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and will be a libero for the girls volleyball team.

“I have never been so excited about going to school,” Katarzynski said. “When I went there it was like a second home.”

Katarzynski attributes the help of several role models to her success.

“I would like to thank anyone that has helped me throughout my volleyball career and also high school,” Katarzynski said. “My coaches, parents, and teachers have pushed me to be the best person and teammate. They saw the talent in me and pushed me so I could also see it.”

Kyle Olson will be attending the University of Dallas and will be pitching for the baseball team.

“I don’t want to go anywhere beyond college really. If the option is there then I will take it but my goals are to get a four year degree in computer science and eventually get a job from there,” Olson said.

Despite not having any specific plan to play after college, Olsen still expresses his excitement to play during his college career.

“(I am) very excited. It’s always been my dream to go down to Dallas and play baseball so it’s one of those things where I finally get to live my dream,” Olsen said.

Olson believes that his grades in high school and the help of the National Collegiate Scouting Association website are what got him into the school of his dreams.

“They’ve reached me out to a few colleges and Dallas was one of the first few that really contacted me, and it just worked out. I really just wanted to go down there and play baseball,” Olsen said.