Distinguished Sites Banner
SUPPORT US
$575
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Chicago Community High School. Your contribution will help us cover our annual website hosting costs. We appreciate your support!

INSTAGRAM FEED

Glow serum from Beauty of Joseon lives up to its name

Beauty of Joseon glow serum leaves skin healthy and shiny.
Photo by Shee Nay Paw
The glow serum is a golden color with a dewy, glossy consistency.

Tired of huge pores and skin inflammation, but cannot find anything to fix the issues? Give the Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum a chance: it will not disappoint.

The Glow Serum by Beauty of Joseon is one of many products founded by Sumin Lee. She was inspired by Korean beauty rituals and turned it into a skincare line. Back in the Joseon Dynasty, women used herbal ingredients to improve the visual and health of the skin. Influenced by its practices, Lee combined herbal ingredients along with modern ingredients, creating the brand ‘Beauty of Joseon’ to suit every skin type.

The Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum hydrates the skin and minimizes pores for a relatively affordable price, and that makes it worth the investment.

Many believe glow serums create a greasy look on the face, but the Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum gives the perfect amount of glow that does not look or feel too oily. If dull skin is an issue, this serum transforms the skin to look refreshed and youthful. Back in the Joseon Dynasty, women used honey and grain powder as a face mask. Propolis extract is a key ingredient in the glow serum, one which hydrates the skin as well as improving inflamed skin and treating acne.

The serum is used to minimize the looks of big pores, which benefits the skin, helping it to look smoother and clear. One cause of large pores is high sebum excretion built up within the skin. Sebum helps moisturize and protect the skin, but too much sebum production causes pores to become prominent. There are two ingredients in the serum focused on pores: BHA, which helps remove excess sebum, and niacinamide, which controls sebum secretion and maintains oil and moisture in the skin.

The glow serum, along with other Beauty of Joseon products, are known for the aesthetic. (Photo by Shee Nay Paw)

This product retails for $17 for 30 ml (1 fl.oz.) The cost may seem a little pricey, as the product is small, but the benefits it provides to the skin make up for the price. 

The packaging is very simple and neutral, but very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The glow serum comes in a bottle with a drop applicator, making it easy to use. Users will only need about 2-3 drops of the serum to give the face that instant glow.

Overall, the Glow Serum by Beauty of Joseon is a must in every skincare routine to achieve that youthful look. It is worth spending as it leaves the skin not only hydrated and glowy, but is beneficial within the skin to create balance. As a well loved brand from South Korea, Beauty of Joseon’s products have lived up to its expectations by bringing Korean history into modern day skincare.