$575
$750

Get your glow on this February

Student Council replaces the Turnabout dance with a Glow Dance.
Glow+sticks+and+black+lights+will+be+part+of+the+overall+atmosphere+at+the+Glow+Dance+on+Feb.+23.+
Photo by Brandon M. Heath
Glow sticks and black lights will be part of the overall atmosphere at the Glow Dance on Feb. 23.

Student Council is hosting a Glow Dance at West Chicago Community High School on Friday, February 23.

The event, a fundraiser for Prom, is still in its planning stages, and was delayed by three e-Learning days in January.

Student Council freshmen and sophomores, as well as advisers Krysta Schoenbeck and Jen Culbertson, are taking the lead on planning the Glow Dance, which will be held from 7-10 p.m. in the Bishop Gym and is open to all grades. 

“We will have a DJ, photo booths, glow sticks, and everything neon,” sophomore Student Council leader Jessie Myers said.

The dance takes the place of Turnabout. Because of the use of black lights, the dance has a more “casual” vibe, according to Myers. Students are encouraged to wear white t-shirts “because they glow in black light.”

“I’m excited for it. It’s a new thing for me,” sophomore Erica Navaro said.

Tickets will be sold for $20 in cash and $22 with a credit card. They will be sold in the bookstore or an online store opening soon. Tickets will be sold until 3:00 p.m. on Feb 23.

“No tickets sold at the door,” Myers said.

Student Council welcomes existing members – and anyone interested in pitching in – to join the upcoming meetings, held Tuesdays in room 2448 at 7:20 a.m.

“At these meetings, we make announcements, find decorations, and plan logistics for the dance. We would [also] love for Wildcats to help us, especially with decorating on Friday, February 23 after school,” Myers said.

View Comments (1)
$575
$750

About the Contributors
Diana Mackintos
Diana Mackintos, Reporter
Diana Mackintos wants to become one of the best interior designers, despite her insane love for sports. When she is not picking out paint colors or looking at fabric samples, she wants to run a marathon because her  passion is for running.  Diana is a senior at WEGO, and this is her first time joining journalism. Her main focus is finding a good university, not caring if it is in state or out of state.
Ivon Garcia
Ivon Garcia, Reporter
Ivon Garcia is in her fourth year at West Chicago High School. After being a fixture in Wildcat Chronicle slideshows and videos, Ivon is now heading behind the camera as a reporter. In her spare time, Ivon likes to do her acrylic nails, and spend quality time with friends outside of school. One of her goals in the future is to be a doctor.
Brandon M. Heath
Brandon M. Heath, Multimedia Content Creator
Brandon M. Heath is involved in the swim team, marching and concert band. He got into music because his middle school band director inspired him - and his sister also played a role. Brandon enjoys making friends through music, and his favorite memory at WEGO involves the Disney trip the music department went on in 2023. Outside of school, Brandon can be found spending time with friends and family, as well as watching baseball. As a senior, Brandon has learned responsibility and what makes a good friend throughout his high school years.
$575
$750

• Mr. AielloFeb 7, 2024 at 10:48 am

If the glow dance doesn’t open with “Call Me Maybe,” we’ve got a serious problem on our hands.