SUPPORT US
$435
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of West Chicago Community High School. Your contribution will help us cover our annual website hosting costs. We appreciate your support!

HIGHLIGHTED STAFF
Micah Weber
Micah Weber
Multimedia Content Creator

Micah is a senior and second-year journalism student. He is involved with Jennings' AV Club, and is drowning in debt. Beyond school, Micah is a motivated video editor, and plans to pursue a career in the...

Upcoming renovations around WEGO

West Chicago Community High School has big plans for future renovations, including updating bathrooms, the pool roof, Geneva parking lot, and new furniture for the cafeteria.

Current photos of the Commons and its furniture; according to Oberg, new furniture that better represents WEGO will be installed over winter break. (Photo by Nancy Sanchez)

Early in September, senior Den leaders had the opportunity to look at some of the furniture in advance and provide feedback.

“We want to get some booths in the cafeteria. We think the students will like those in the den leaders seem to think so as well. And just some other new tables there and some other branding opportunities in the Commons to make it really represent WEGO. So excited for the students to be able to utilize that for the rest of the school year,” said Dan Oberg, Director of Business Services.

The hope, according to Oberg, is that the new furniture will be installed over winter break, and be ready for use in January. 

The Geneva parking lot will also undergo renovations, The repairs are planned next summer and should be in use August 2024. 

The pool roof was previously installed in 1977 and based on district recommendations, it should be replaced in the next 1-3 years.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Wildcat Chronicle
$435
$500
Contributed
Our Goal