$575
$750

Which is better? KD14s vs KD15s

While both top-of-the-line shoes, the KD15s might just take the lead.
Photo by Justin Zbinovec
The KD14s take four stars, but the KD15s nudge them out with 4.5 stars.

Around October 2022, as basketball season approached, Kevin Durant’s newest basketball shoes were released. Durant is a superstar NBA player for the Brooklyn Nets and his shoes are very popular. Those who wore the KD14s (the previous year’s model) knew how important it was to get his newest model, the KD15s, in 2022.

Durant has worked with Nike throughout his career to release new basketball shoes yearly. 

The KD14 was first released on Nike.com on April 14, 2021, with a retail price of $150. College Navy is just one of the colorways, and matches West Chicago Community High School’s colors, making it a popular color choice with the basketball team. 

In 2022, the KD15 was launched on Nike.com on June 25 with a retail price of $150. The best colorway was likely the KD15 (Team) in Black and White due to the speckles of white on the sole and just the overall color layout on the shoe. 

A side-by-side comparison of the two shoes. (Photo by Justin)

Durant’s shoes are a must-buy for anyone that plays basketball and wants a comfortable and nice-looking low to medium-cut shoe. In addition, they help to provide peak performance on the court.

Comfort is key, and so the first shoe to talk about is the KD14. These were definitely one of the most comfortable basketball shoes due to the soft cushion and Air Zoom Unit in the midsole of the shoe. 

As for the KD15s, they are still very comfortable, but not as much as the KD14s. The latter keeps players’ feet better secured in the shoe, which places them a cut above.   

The cut of a shoe also impacts players, and the main difference between the two shoes is that the KD14s are more of a mid-top shoe, as opposed to the KD15s, which are lower-cut shoes. The lower cut of the KD15s makes them much lighter than the KD14s. The KD15s are therefore easier to move in, and allow the player to travel across the court a little more smoothly. For shooting guards, in particular, it is important to have lightweight shoes, and Durant’s are perfect in this regard.

The final feature that is impressive on Durant’s shoes is the grip that they have. A problem with other basketball shoes is that dusty courts could lessen the grip for the shoes, which can affect players’ gameplay. Durant’s shoes provide great traction, no matter what.

Overall, the KD15s have a slight edge over the earlier version. The KD14s are a solid shoe, but the big difference is the KD15s are lighter and offer a stellar grip, which is why they are the better shoe. The KD14s are more comfortable, but not by that much. Of course, these factors really depend on the person because someone who is bigger or taller may like the KD14s better, as they provide more support overall.

So, players who want to perform like Kevin Durant: get a pair of his shoes.