The Golden State Warriors are one of the top teams in the NBA right now. (Photo courtesy of nikk_la via Wikimedia Commons)

NBA playoffs: the reigning champs

(Logo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)

One can never count out the Golden State Warriors under any circumstances – even with injuries. The reigning NBA champions are led by Stephen Curry, who is a 4x NBA Champion, 1x NBA Finals MVP, 2× NBA MVP, and the NBA 3-point record holder. Curry is back in 2023, and looking to defend his team’s title.

Meanwhile, Klay Thompson is averaging 20 points and 40% from 3, which is his career average and is looking to add another ring to his hand this year.

The Warriors are hoping to repeat what they did last year versus the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals, but they still have a while to go until they get there. The Warriors are playing the Sacramento Kings, who are finally back in the playoffs after 16 years – and the city of Sacramento could not be happier.

The Kings are led by point guard De’Aaron Fox, who averaging 25 points, a career-high for the 25-year-old out of Kentucky.

The Warriors definitely have the offense in Curry, Thompson, and Jordan Poole to put up points, but the defense is a little shaky at times, so if the Kings can help Fox and Domantas Sabonis, they have a real shot at taking out the reigning NBA Champions. 

The Warriors’ head coach, Steve Kerr, won three rings with the Chicago Bulls and two with the San Antonio Spurs as a player, and four with the Golden State Warriors as a coach. Kerr definitely knows a thing or two about playoff basketball, so Warriors fans should have no problem trusting a nine-time NBA Champion.

Wildcat Chronicle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$575
$750