Janelle+Stefancic

Photo by Brenna Barrett

Janelle Stefancic

Janelle Stefancic- World Languages Division Head

Q: How long have you been here?

A: “I have been at Community High School for 16 years.”

Q: What will you miss about the school?

A: “I’m going to miss the kids most. I enjoy working with all of the kids and I like the diversity of Community High School, it was one of the reasons that I came here as an ESL teacher and I’ve had a great experience here since then.”

Q: How do you feel you have made an impact on the school?

A: “I would say that my greatest impact has probably been as an administrator. When I first started at Community High School, we started the Spanish for native speakers, and that program has evolved over the years to have a native speaker 1 class, a native speaker 2 class, and then Advanced Placement Spanish literature, and then we actually ended up adding AP Spanish language as well. So we have a complete set for both native and non-native speakers to perfect their Spanish and hopefully in the future there will be a seal of biliteracy offered to those students so they can be officially recognized for their biliteracy.”

Q: Do you have any plans for retirement?

A: “Right now it’s just going to seem like summer. Both of my children live out of state, so hopefully I’ll get to visit them and my grandchildren. You know, everyone always wants to do some traveling too. Getting to travel on non-school holidays will be a perk.  I’ve had a great time at Community High School. It’s been a good experience and a good way to end my career.”

Wildcat Chronicle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$525
$750