A Timberwolves game at Target Center in Minneapolis. (Photo courtesy of Amy Mingo via Wikimedia Commons)

NBA playoffs: the flawless versus the flawed

(Logo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)

The Denver Nuggets versus Minnesota Timberwolves has gone how a 1-seed vs an 8-seed should so far: in the first game of the series, the Nuggets, led by 2x NBA MVP Nikola Jokic, had an off-day on offense, but still won by 29. This team will be really hard to stop if by any opposition who cannot make their shots, or who tend to make silly mistakes on either side of the ball, like the Timberwolves did in game one.

The Timberwolves kept it close until the Nuggets outscored them 32 to 14 in the third quarter. The Timberwolves are led by Anthony Edwards, who is averaging 24 points as a 21-year-old, and 7-foot-1 center Rudy Gobert. The Timberwolves have been in the news lately – just not for good things.
On April 9 versus the New Orleans Pelicans, center Gobert’s frustration boiled over and he punched his teammate Kyle Anderson in a huddle during a timeout. Gobert and Anderson had to be separated from each other. If the Timberwolves do not find a way to score points and make good decisions while containing Jokic, they are going to have a long couple of days ahead of them.

Wildcat Chronicle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$575
$750