NBA playoffs: the trouble-makers and injury-prone

(Logo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)

One of the more exciting series this year is the Los Angeles Lakers versus Memphis Grizzlies. At a game prior, there was a heated exchange between TV show host and NFL Hall Of Famer Shannon Sharpe, a diehard Lakers fan, and Grizzlies player illon Brooks. The argument spilled onto the court and they had to be separated by security.

The Grizzlies have been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons. Most of the headlines come from high-flying point guard Ja Morant, who, in an Instagram Live video, appeared to display a handgun at a nightclub. This recent incident, when paired with other alleged appearances with guns, led to his suspension by the NBA for eight games in the middle of March (breaking code of conduct). Morant was also accused of punching a 17-year-old during a pickup basketball game last summer, but was found not guilty.

Brooks is not the NBA’s most-loved player either, and seems to be at the center of problems on the court and social media following comments to and about internet personalities and other players from multiple teams.

The Grizzlies are in the playoffs for a reason, but they will need everyone’s attention on basketball and not outside distractions to bring a championship to Memphis.

In game one, Morant went up for a layup and came down on his wrist. At the time, he headed to the locker room, but later, he was taken out for the game; his status has not been determined.

(Logo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons)

The Los Angeles Lakers are led by LeBron James, who, early this season, broke the NBA scoring record previously held by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Now, James is trying to win another title to add to his trophy case, one that will place him even higher on the pyramid.

The Lakers are definitely not the strongest team in the playoffs, but Lebron has shown before he can take any team to the finals. A few injuries the Lakers have withstood have involved Anthony Davis, who is as injury-prone, as he missed 24 games with a left foot injury.

In the second quarter of game one of the series, Davis went after the ball, then stopped and said, “I can’t move my arm.”

The incident was not as bad as it seemed, and Davis came back in the game in the second half.

This series should be a fun one to watch no matter who fans cheer for. And, a West Chicago Community High School alum, John Konchar might make increased appearances during the big games.

The Grizzlies have been in the News a lot lately, not for the right reasons though. It mostly comes from high-flying point guard Ja Morant who in his Instagram Live video appeared to display a handgun at a nightclub plus other counts of being seen with guns, which led him to be suspended by the NBA for 8 games in the middle of March for breaking their code of conduct. Morant is also accused of punching a 17-year-old during a pickup basketball game last summer but has been found not guilty just like in the other cases.

Dillon Brooks as mentioned before isn’t the most loved player in the NBA by always causing problems on the court and on social media such as calling out internet personalities and other players from multiple teams.

The Grizzlies are in the playoffs for a reason but they will need everyone’s attention on basketball and not other things to bring home a Championship to Memphis. In game 1, Morant went up for a layup and came down on his wrist, and headed to the locker room where later he would be out for the game, his status for the rest of the series has not been determined. depending on Morant’s status. A West Chicago Community High School alum, John Konchar might make more and more appearances during the big games.

The Lakers are led by LeBron James who broke the NBA scoring record early this season which was held by Kareem Abdul Jabbar and he is trying to win himself another title to add to his trophy case to put himself even higher on the pyramid.

The Lakers are definitely not the strongest team in the playoffs, but LeBron has shown before he can take any team to the finals. A few injuries the Lakers have withstood have been Anthony Davis who is as injury prone as they come missed 24 games with a left foot injury.

In the second quarter of game one of the series, Davis has gone after the ball and stopped and said “I can’t move my arm” but it wasn’t as bad as it seemed, Davis came back in the game in the second half. This series should be a fun one to watch no matter who you cheer for.

Wildcat Chronicle • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Wildcat Chronicle
$575
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

Any comment made will go through the Wildcat Chronicle to be approved. Obscene, suggestive, vulgar, profane, threatening, disrespectful, defamatory language will not be published. Attacks made towards race, gender, sexual orientation, or creed will not be tolerated. Comments should be relevant to the article or the writer; please respect the author and the other commenters. Comments must be 300 words or less. All comments are the property of the Wildcat Chronicle after being submitted. In order to submit a comment, a valid e-mail address must be used, and the email must be verified. Impersonating another person’s name is prohibited.
All Wildcat Chronicle Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *