The Addams Family comes alive on stage

Junior Drew Brady as Gomez Addams on sings a song on state during Addams Family the Musical.

By Theresa Carriveau, Sports Editor/Photographer

WeGo drama will perform ‘Addams Family’ for their spring musical Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

“(The Musical is) the classic comic strip, TV show, and movie comes to life on stage with all the dark humor,” said drama adviser and director Mark Begovich. “(It’s about) starting the next stage of your lives and all the craziness that goes along with it.”

The cast and crew have been hard at work since the February putting the show together.

“My favorite part of being in the production is seeing the magic come together on stage,” senior Emily Roldan, who plays the role of Morticia Addams, said.

Roldan also enjoys the humor in the musical and the way it still deals with real life problems.

Begovich picked “Addams Family” because he wanted something fun that connected to the WeGo Dramas theme “live action.”

“It’s really interactive, the audience can feel like they’re part of the show,” sophomore light board operator Abby Carr said.

The musical has been a great escape for the actors.

“When I’m on stage, I get to play a completely different character, and it just feels so good not to be yourself sometimes,” junior Drew Brady, who plays the role of Gomez Addams, said.

Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at www.wegotheatre.com at $5 for students and $8 for adults.

All performances start at 7 p.m.