Families receive gifts for the holidays through donations

Photo by Mayeli Vivaldo

Staff donated Christmas presents to four Adopt A Family families. Assistant athletic director Bill Lech, right, and activities director Marc Wolfe are helping to deliver the presents to Adopt A Family.

By Hector Cervantes, Reporter

The holiday season is full of giving and the staff made sure four families in need will receive a memorable holiday season through Adopt A Family.

Adopt A Family is a program where people give out gifts in a team, club, in a class hour,  family or individual, according to activities director Marc Wolfe.

“In mid-November, I got the list of names from Winfield Township and we adopted four families this year. They are shopping for members of the family so they can have a nice holiday season,” Wolfe said.

Each member of the family made a wish list of what they wanted for Christmas. The wish list was placed on a tree in the student activities center. The last tag was taken off of the tree on Dec. 7 and the gifts were due Friday.

“Myself and several other administrators will deliver the gifts to the families next week,” Wolfe said.

Adopt A Family came from the idea of a school where Wolfe was at before West Chicago.

“The school prior to the school I taught at did Adopt A Family and I thought it was a good idea,” Wolfe said.

Additionally, Wolfe and his family have a tradition where they participate in Adopt A Family each holiday season.

According to Wolfe, about half of the staff participated.

“When we do this I think of it as a nice way to give back to our local community,” Wolfe said.