Graduated students put final touches to the yearbook

Andrea+Bauler+who+graduated+last+year+is+putting+the+final+touches+for+the+yearbook.+

Photo by Hector Cervantes

Andrea Bauler who graduated last year is putting the final touches for the yearbook.

By Hector Cervantes, Reporter

A few students from last year’s yearbook staff are putting the final touches to the book.

Yearbook had a staff of about six people last year.

“The last times we got together we divided up the remainder of what needed to get done. So that each person on staff had about 10 responsibilities,” former yearbook adviser Dave Jennings said.

In order to meet deadlines, yearbook attempted to meet over the summer to finish the book.

“When we tried to meet again, no one could come and everyone asked for more time since nobody did their original 10 things. We said we will roll it out one more week and when we rolled it out another week we ran into another week where students did not follow up on their responsibilities,” Jennings said.

Social studies teacher Mitch McKenna also resigned.

“We both resigned because we did not want to keep chasing down our staff. We felt like we could not handle it and gave it to a different person,” Jennings said.

Brian Wheeler is now yearbook adviser.

Despite how students could not meet their deadlines, students are working on finishing the yearbook.

“At a certain point me and Mr. McKenna stopped trying to chase everybody around and we decided if we have to we will take care of this book on our own. Having said that we had three people who graduated last year came to finish the yearbook,” Jennings said.

According to Jennings, the yearbook will be available in November.